Eliminate refined sugar does not mean giving up the flavor. And is that there are alternatives which help us to sweeten our recipes without being harmful to our body.
We know that we must eliminate the sugar and therefore more and more products are lighter. However, we do not know in fact the negative effects of this food on our health.
In this article, you will discover why you must stop eating white sugar today, as well as some simple and practical tips for substituting healthy alternatives.
1. Why you must eliminate refined sugar
The first point to eliminate the white sugar in our diet is to know what are the negative consequences of consuming it, to remain firm in this decision from now onwards:
- To remove the sugar we consume our body needs calcium, which are going to suffer a progressive softening that affected our bones and our teeth.
- Sugar acidify the body, which makes us vulnerable to suffer any illness.
- 10 tablespoons sugar (100 g) have 384 calories, so it contributes to overweight.
- It causes nervousness and hyperactivity, especially in children.
- It feeds the pathogens, such as fungi and parasites, which feed on it and thrive in our body.
- It worsens the pain and inflammation states.
- It may put us into States of depression.
- It predisposes us to suffer diabetes and liver disorders.
- It worsens acne and skin problems.
2. Stop buying it
The second step, to stop eating refined sugar, seems obvious since it is to stop buying it.
However, many people still have it at home “just in case”, which makes it easy to fall into the temptation to consume it at specific moments, when we don’t have anything else, come visits, etc.
3. Beware of hidden sugar
When we talk about eliminate sugar completely we must take into account when it is also present in large quantities in many processes, for example:
- Industrial bakery.
- Drinks and juices.
- The breakfast cereals.
- Ice cream and smoothies.
- Sauces, above all in the ketchup.
- Sugary dairy.
- We will always look label to avoid should already contain sugar and opt for carrying by other natural sweeteners.
4. Discover healthy alternatives
Eliminate refined sugar does not mean to stop eating fresh. We have at our disposal a variety of natural sweeteners, rich in vitamins and minerals.
Our bodies assimilate them much better without the terrible consequences of white sugar in the long term:
- Integral brown sugar.
- Sugar or molasses.
- Stevia pure or refined.
- Syrup of agave, maple, etc.
- Sugar coconut or birch.
- Molasses of fruits (Apple, pear, etc.) and cereals.
Each of these sweeteners has a specific flavor. We can try them to discover what we like most and which foods combine well.
5. The sweetness of cinnamon
Cinnamon is a delicious and aromatic spice that adds natural sweetness to any recipe, so we don’t need to add much sugar to food.
In addition to that, it hides a wonderful virtue and is to regulate blood sugar levels, so it is a condiment that is excellent for all kinds of dishes, both sweets (cakes, cookies, smoothies, pancakes, etc.), salty (meat, stews).
6. Smoothies with sweet fruits
Smoothies are popular because they are easy to prepare recipes and very nutritious and healthy, excellent to take breakfast or snack.
In addition, if we add some sweet fruits already we have no need to add sugar.
Most sweet fruits are as follows:
- Banana or banana.
7. Cakes with carrot and Apple
If you like us to prepare homemade jams as, for example, biscuits or cookies, we can add to the recipe some ingredient that contributes natural sweetness.
- We can use the fruits mentioned in the previous point, although one of the most common is the very ripe Apple.
- For some cakes, we can also add grated carrot, this is a vegetable that has much natural sweetness and gives a juicy and soft touch to any cake.
8. Drinks with rice, oatmeal, and hazelnut
Vegetable drinks are very healthy food and digestive, free of lactose, that we can not only take in lieu of milk but can be used for cooking.
Three drinks we recommend are the ones with a natural sweetness highlights: rice, oatmeal, and hazelnut.
The last two, in addition, have the property of balancing blood sugar levels.