Alkaline foods will help our body to be prepared to prevent and fight diseases. It also promotes heart health and could provide us with the task when it comes to weight loss.
Many of the foods that we include in our diet are considered alkaline, but most people are unaware of what their functions in the body and the benefits for the health. The PH of our fluids, including blood, and of our internal body should be slightly alkaline and maintain a balance since when there is an imbalance, either above or below, it means that we are living in the “Illness-Symptom” range.
What is the effect of alkaline foods?
Foods are classified according to two main categories, acid and alkali. The difference between both foods is the effect of pH of urine after consumption. Acidic foods increase the level of acidity; While the low-acid foods have an alkaline effect which counteracts the formation of acid in the body and thanks to this it helps to balance the body’s pH.
The pH is the range of the human body from acid to alkaline. As we said above, the idea is to maintain a balance between the two in order to maintain good health. The pH can vary between 0 and 14; 0 is completely acid and 14 is completely alkaline, so that the purpose of eating alkaline foods and drinking alkaline water, is attempting to level the pH so it is balanced.
For our body to enjoy good health and is not seriously affected, the body fluids on the pH scale must be at a level of between 7.35 and 7.45. It must never be more, or it should be less since any two conditions can be harmful.
What are alkaline foods?
Foods that are low in acid, are considered as alkaline. Their alkaline effect on the body is because you have the ability to balance the formation of acids in the body and thus balance the pH. Among the most common alkaline foods we can find are: fruits, vegetables, nuts, soy products, cereals, and legumes.
What are acidic foods?
Knowing the alkaline foods, their effects and benefits for the organism, it is also important to take into account those foods that are considered acidic, since they increase acid in the body and is important to consuming them moderately to achieve pH balance. We can be found among the acidic foods: meat, poultry, fish, processed foods, dairy products, refined flour, caffeine and sugar.
What are the benefits of an alkaline diet?
Including alkaline foods in the diet will help to regulate the pH and, thanks to this, our body will be better prepared to prevent and fight diseases.
- The alkaline diet reduces the risk of kidney stones, since these foods increase the urinary pH, promoting the Elimination of toxins through the urine and also preventing the formation of this problem.
- It counteracts the acidity in the blood help to fight degenerative diseases.
- The alkaline foods delay bone loss and with this favor the growth and preservation of the bones, anticipating the osteoporosis.
- These foods increase the called hormone of growth, (GH or somatotrophic hormone) to strengthen the muscular system, order to be stronger in back, tendinitis or cramping pain.
- To counteract the acidity in the blood, these foods promote heart health, anticipating attacks and other diseases of the heart.
- Different studies have found effects of alkaline foods, in the treatment of type II diabetes.
- Patients who consumed alkaline foods were able to better control blood sugar levels in the blood than those did not eat them.
- It stimulates the immune system and protects from diseases.
- Some suggest that these foods can help to lose weight because fat cells are developed in an acidic environment and an abundance of waste, but to reduce the acid in the body, removed many toxins and wastes, that may promote weight loss.
Alkaline foods play a very important role in your health, and it is for this reason that you should try to include them more frequently in the diet. Remember that regulating the pH is very important for good health and is for this reason that we must try to maintain a balance with our food. If you want to take better advantage of the effects of alkaline foods, try to drink plenty of water daily and exercise regularly.